Tuesday, June 12, 2007

From the mouth of Michael....

So last night there was a VBS training meeting at church that I needed to attend (mostly to pick up supplies), Shannon had class and would not be home. Since the training was only an hour I thought the boys would behave long enough to take them with me. I used ice cream as a bribe, in hopes that it would help them in being good. No luck, they were rotten. As we are driving home this was the conversation that Michael and I had:

Michael: Where do you work, mommy?

me: Where do I work Michael?

Michael: You do stuff for Mrs. Dawn.

me: That's right I do work for Mrs. Dawn and what else do I do?

Michael: You make us cerealk (this is not a typo that is how he says cereal) for breakfast.

me: That's right and what else do I do?

Michael: You make us snacks.

me: That's right and what else do I do?

Michael: You make us lunch.

me: That's right and do I wash your clothes and make them smell good and read you stories and play with you and make sure you are okay?

Michael: Yes.

me: So what is mommy's job.

Michael: Taking care of us.

me: I said that's right and does mommy like her job.

Michael: Nope

me: I said you don't think mommy likes her job?

Michael: No, you like your job mommy, I was just kidding.

That conversation ended with a phone call to both grandmas last night and both of them were laughing.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's adorable! I love the conversations we have with our children once they can talk...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to having you join in on the challenge next week! Power of a Praying Wife is a great book!