Friday, June 22, 2007

Farmers Market Friday

It's Friday and in our house that means we get up and head out for the morning. The boys and I had our breakfast of cereal and then loaded into the van and stopped by the library. We are participating in the Mission to Read program. Today we returned their books, turned in their reading logs and then picked out new books for the week. This week I chose for their prize Free admission to the Dupage Children's Museum .

After our library visit we headed to the Farmers Market that takes place on Fridays from 8a-2p from June until September. Here are some of the goodies we picked up today:
Cheddar Garlic Bread from The Great Harvest Bread Co.,
Sugar Snap Peas and New Potatoes from a local grower.
We are having these goodies with dinner.


Our next stop was by a local gardener/greenhouse. We picked up 3 bunches of flowers for what I would consider a steal at $12. She offers them $5 a bouquet or 3 for $12. Well, I was going to purchase 2 and figured it was worth the extra $2 to have a third bouquet to place somewhere in the house. I have placed one bouquet in our bedroom, one on the kitchen table and one in the family room.


The boys then had to have popcorn from the Sweettooth Corner. Today they chose Cheddar Popcorn, which turned their hands and faces orange. After our finds, we took a walk down to the river front to see if their were any boats that needed to pass through the bridges. None today, so we walked back to our car.

There were more vendors today. I stopped by a vendor called Moon and Stars Soaps. They sell handmade bars of soap in scents and flavors I had never even imagined. They gave me a sample to try to make sure that I was not sensitive to it before I purchase any.

We won't get to go to the Market next Friday because VBS starts on Monday. But I'll be anxiously awaiting going the next Friday.

No comments: