Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pumpkins and Ghosts

I have a dear friend that wants to give gifts to the neighborhood kids as she was not planning on being home for Halloween. She saw a picture in the Current Catalog of some lollipop covers. She calls and leaves me a message about these cute little lollipop covers and do you think you cold make me some. So I looked at the picture and told her as long as she did not care that they were not exact and I did not have to do the witch I would try. This is what I came up with.
A pumpking, that not's too scary or hard to make. I made a pattern out of a piece of newspaper and then cut it out (my mom cut all of the others out that I will be making). And then for his face, I just cut various shapes from black. All pieces are made of felt. The main part of the pumpkin is stitched together and then everything else is glued on.
Same thing for the ghost, I made a pattern and then traced it onto the felt, cut them out and stitched them together and then created eyes and a mouth.

Each lollipop cover will hold a big Tootsie Pop. She thinks they are cute, she asked for a cat, but that will involve too much and I already have a lot on my plate right now, these are simple enough that I can work on them a little each day. She only needs/wants 40, so 20 of each kind.

No comments: