Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Time to get stuff done...

Today. much like Friday, has been a day of catch up. I have done some cleaning, some baking, some sewing and some reading (only while I ate lunch). I am currently reading No Greater Love by Mother Theresa and Thomas Moore. The book is written in her point of view, and I have learned so much just in the few chapters that I have read. I have been trying learn how to pray more and how to pray better. The book , though I did not get it for this reason, has taught me that you learn to pray better, by praying more. I also found interesting that our prayers do not need to be long drawn out prayers, just as long as we are grateful. I also read that when we awake in the morning and we are thinking of God, that is a form of prayer. If during the day, our thoughts drift toward God or Jesus, then that is a form of prayer. So, my question if I was able to ask Mother Theresa is, if my mind goes toward a hymn that we have recently sang in church or a song that I learned when I was younger and it is about God, is that a form of prayer? I do hope so. I have caught myself this week, when times have been tough (it's only Wednesday and it's been a long week), saying the Lord's Prayer, and I have had a calming sense come over me. One other thing that I found interesting in the book, is she says that "in order to love, we must be able to pray." That is one that I shall ponder.

I have finished matching dresses for each of my nieces. I have one more thing to do before tomorrow and then I may take a day trip to see my family. I'll take pictures and try to post them later.

As for baking, it's that time of the month when I send cookies to a friend's son who is serving our country in Iraq. This month he is receiving, Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a mix of Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies. I do hope that he and his friends enjoy them this month. His mom said they wait for the package and then sit down and eat them together. I've also baked Oatmeal Bread which I found here and oh is it so good. Michael said it tastes like Pizza dough, but it is so moist and tender and I highly recommend it. I also made Banana Bread Muffins for my neighbors daughter, she is arriving home today from being gone for the summer, a bit of a welcome home for her. I think that is all that I have baked today.

I'm going to go and get some more stuff done, so that I can perhaps post some pictures and get my shop up and running.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds like a productive week and a great book! I love the dress in the last post. Sewing is one skill I would love to have! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week; I hope your weekend is blessed with family and a bit of peace!