Thursday, May 22, 2008

SUMMER of ME!

With all that's been going on in my house, I have been neglecting the part where you are supposed to take care of YOU! This is something that I struggle with a lot though. I take care of everyone else and always leave me for last which means that I normally don't take care of me. I have struggled with my weight for many years now, I finally it all figured out when I found out I was pregnant with wonderful E. And needless to say, it has all went downhill with him. I did lose a few of the pregnancy pounds, found out we were moving (when he was a mere 18 days old) back "home" and I started spiraling out of control. Before I knew, we had been here 2 years and in that 2 years I gained 30 pounds. None of my clothes fit the way they used to. My "fat" clothes don't even fit.

I have been a Weight Watchers member before and that's how I lost. I rejoined but am still struggling to lose. I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for 3 months. I came across a little challenge over at Baby Tea Leaves, that I found through 5 Minutes for Mom.

Summer of Me

My goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end date of July 25. I don't have a big plan for that time, but I would like to lose 10 pounds August 31, that is my 15 year class reunion and my friend and I are leaving the hubbies at home with the kiddos and going alone. I'll be posting on "Fat Fridays" about my week.

I know I need to exercise more, I know I need to make wiser choices in my eating and I know I need to get my water in. I just need to focus on a goal and go for it.

1 comment:

Christie O. said...

welcome!!! that's a great goal! and your goal for your reunion is totally doable. i did 17 pounds in just over two months. i hope to do 10 more this challenge, which is a lofty goal, but if i don't meet it, that's ok. my goal is to be at ideal weight by november. so glad you're joining us!