Thursday, May 15, 2008

Country Living Magazine

Picture from CountryLiving.com

My husband collects the Coke Reward Points and just after Christmas asked me if there were any magazines that I would like. I said I'm not sure (I was already receiving 6 magazines, 2 of which I don't really know how I ended up receiving them) and so he started rattling off the names and when he said Country Living I said I would like to get that one. Yes, I know that's a lot of magazines and most of them get flipped through, so more than others and when subscriptions run out I won't be renewing the majority of them. And yes, I recycle them I either offer them to friends, the library or to our church recycling bin (the parish school is part of a recycling program that earns dollars for education).

I received my Country Living magazine on Monday and happened to be going into work that day and stuffed it in my backpack. I don't recall which page but I remembered seeing an article about a juried exhibit of quilts at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. This link will take you to the article. Basically, the Country Living Classics exhibit is going to be a selection of 30 quilts that have been submitted by readers that will be shown at Festival. They are looking for Classic Country Quilts of all sorts. Read the article for more information. No, I will not be submitting any quilts for consideration, but I think there are a few people that should.
Good Luck!!!!!

2 comments:

Anina said...

What fun! I don't think my quilts are jury worthy but I'll be going to Houston so I'll keep an eye out for this exhibit.

Anonymous said...

What a fun exhibit. Thanks for sharing.