Monday, June 1, 2009

Sewing Machine Meme

Sew, Mama, Sew! is hosting a Sewing Machine Month over on their blog. I thought what a great way to start off June. The month of May, escaped me. We became extremely busy towards the middle and did not stop until the end. June is shaping up to be somewhat fast paced, with what I hope to be a lot of down time. The boys and I need it. Michael is finishing up his last few days of Kindergarten, with the last day being Wednesday. Trevor finished up with his Preschool Graduation on May 8th. We have swim lessons and Vacation Bible School planned during the first 3 weeks June, all of a morning. That will give us our afternoons off, something we haven't had since August!! I have lots of sewing to catch up on and lots swirling in my mind. A list is needed, but I'm afraid to get it all out in the open, I may become overwhelmed and not start anything.

Here's a bit about my Sewing Machine...

What brand and model do you have? Singer, I don't know the model. I just know it has decorative stitching.
How long have you had it? Since December 2004
How much does that machine cost (approximately)? $150
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? quilting, handbags, home dec projects, some clothing, dolls, a little bit of everything
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get? I don't sew often enough, it is therapy for me that does not get taken advantage of near enough.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name? No, it does not have a name, am I passionate about my machine, no. I like my machine in love iwth it no.
What features does your machine have that work well for you? I like the drop in bobbin, sounds strange I know, but on my grandmas machine (which is what I was using when I received this one) I had to get under the desk to put the bobbin in, crazy and complicated.
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine? No, the things that I could complain about are operator errors.
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it! I was using my grandma's machine that is in a desk and not removable from the desk. You used your knee to make it work. Anyway, it would work fine one day and then the next day it would not work at all, not turn on nothing. Try again a day later and it would work. It was giving me fits. Anyway, my husband asked my mom what kind to get me, she sent him out shopping. I received my current one as a Christmas gift in December 2004.
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why? I would recommend it for beginners. I have really taken a liking to quilting and it does give me some fits but again that could be operator issues.
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? Ease of use and what you are going to be using the machine for.
Do you have a dream machine? Juki TL-98Q , however, I have to save my pennies in order to work towards this beautiful machine.

Okay, that's it for the fun little.

No comments: