Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I can relate...

Have you ever just needed to laugh and you stumble upon something that makes you do just that. Well, I stumbled upon We Are THAT Family . As I'm reading some of her entries, I thought to myself, I can SO relate. I particularly laughed at this post Is That Bad? Why, well my kids could say chicken nugget quite early, and when I've been busy doing something they (meaning all 3 of my guys) have gotten into the pantry and made a mess with hmmm, flour, cornmeal, marshmallows, sugar, pecans (you get the picture). Anyway, I needed a good laugh, a good chuckle and a break from all the stresses. I'll be visiting her again, I'm sure, because the drama's not over in this house nor is the end in sight. A friend keeps telling me, "Wendy, it can't get any worse." And I keep saying, "Oh, I don't know about that." The good thing about all that's been happening, I get a small sewing space for myself in the basement. The kids are going to lose some play / storage space, but they are gaining a BIGGER closet to store their toys in.

No sewing has been going on (and I have 3 quilts to finish up this week) due to the dining room is currently not a dining room but an empty room. I'm pulling the wallpaper down. Why did you add that to your list you ask? Perhaps it's because the previous owners decided to wallpaper over wallpaper and it was falling down. Since the ceiling has to be painted (because of the water leak from the shower) I decided that it was a good time to just do the entire room, get it over with and that's one less room I have to do later.

1 comment:

Anina said...

Thanks for the link Wendy! I don't have small kids any more but still found it really funny.
Good luck with the wallpaper. I once removed wallpaper from basically an entire house, so I have empathy.