Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - January 19th (a little late)


Wow, has it really been 3 weeks since I was able to post a menu. And let me just be honest, I didn’t do a very good job of menu planning while the internet was down. I did not hold myself accountable to posting a menu here, so I did not make one. Why write a menu up if I don’t have anyone but my family to share it with? Let me tell you why. I didn’t know what we were eating until it was time for dinner, I frequently had to make runs to the grocery store because I didn’t have something on hand, dinner was later than it needed to be because I didn’t have it a) started or b) in the crockpot before we got home and lastly, I spent more money because I kept making frequent trips to the store. So I sat down yesterday with 4 of my beloved cookbooks (a girl can never have too many cookbooks) and planned not only a week’s worth of menus, but a month’s worth of dinners, breakfasts, lunches and snacks. I will only post a week at a time, but I hope that this will help to further decrease my cost of going to the grocery store.

So without further ado, here is my menu for this week albeit, late:

Monday – I was sick (bad stomach flu) so S and the boys had McD’s.

Tuesday – Deluxe Burgers with French fries from WW Light & Easy Cookbook

Wednesday – Vegetable Chowder with Celery and Carrot sticks and blueberries in sour cream

Thursday – Pork Roast (in crockpot) with Rice

Friday – Savory Bread Pudding with a salad and orange sections from WW 365 day menu cookbook

Saturday – PARENT’s NIGHT OUT – the kids will eat pizza at church and S and I will pick something up.

Sunday – Eggplant, Ricotta & Red Pepper Rolls with Salad, Italian Bread and Chocolate Pudding.

I won’t bore you with my notes on breakfast, lunch and snacks. But I do like looking at little calendars and knowing what we will be eating throughout the day.

I’m off to get the kids’ lunch ready, I have had a change of plans for my afternoon and it looks like lunch will be in the car and I don’t want to stop at McD’s.

If you would like to participate in or get more information on Menu Plan Mondays visit I’m an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: