Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It will happen

Maybe not this year and maybe not next year, but it will happen. I will go to Italy and I will spend more than a few days there. I have considered going to culinary school and doing an internship in Italy. But my boys are too small for me to leave them.

I have set my goal for before December 31 of 2017. I want to see the big cities, yes, but I want to see the small towns and the old cathedrals, the paintings, I don't want to be just a tourist.

Could I move there, absolutely! I would love to do that. However, again, I am married and have my kids to think about. And as much as that is something that I want to do, that is not something that my family wants to do. Or my extended family would want us to do. I can hear it now, "You are moving my grandchildren away from me? How could you do that? You can't do that? They are MY grandchildren." Yep, I can hear it now. I thought moving to Texas was bad, but to move them to another continent, would probably end me up in the loony bin. It is a dream to live there, but what does it hurt a girl to dream. It is what keeps me going.

Dreams do come true, I believe in that. I believe that there is a reason that I want to go to Italy. I want to visit the town where my great grandfather was born. And perhaps visit the town that my great grandmother lived (the family is not sure where a little research will be needed).

I'll have to dig up some more literature on Italy and devour it, until I make it there!!

I know I have not posted any crafty pictures lately, that is coming in the next few days. I have a few WIPs that I want to finish up.

No comments: